Lora J Jsu

Excessive Charges

I have cancelled the services for BO-8917**** the phone has been returned and I was charged $199.00 for a phone that I returned. Please refund my money as I no longer want the service. The phone is not working in the manner I need for my child.
Loss:
Cons:
  • I tried it

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Use a different carrier.

Bark.com - A complete scam!

Initially we received a multitude of spam from bark.com. We eventually decided to sign up as a supplier and almost immediately received "leads." However, the bulk of these came through at VERY odd hours of the day - 02.30 hrs, 03.00 hrs etc - all from people allegedly based in The UK.

These so called leads also came for extremely odd names - Oxy, Spock, No name etc. I think you get the picture.. These so called leads are clearly fake and designed to encourage suppliers to respond to them using "credits" which have to be purchased in bulk. Yet another money making machine for the owner of the site and with no consideration for the customers (if genuine) and the suppliers.

Personally, I would advise anyone reading this to avoid the site. If you are a genuine potential customer, find a reputable company to take your job and if you are a supplier, do not pay these people a penny!

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Guest

I had the same issue. (from my trust pilot review) I purchased a lead for a potential client from Bark.

Followed up with 2 emails and 2 SMS messages. I finally got a reply from a woman asking why I was contacting her and if she was on a list. I checked back, she had never contacted Bark, and she didn't require my photographic services, as she was a photographer. This is funny as Bark said she wants 20+ photographic headshots done in Cardiff by a certain date.

I explained to Bark, that this was fraud, it was not a mistake and I want my money back.

They offered additional leads!!! I'm trying to get my money back via small claims, but to all other users of Bark, if they're making only 10% of the leads up, that increases the costs of your leads and wastes your time following up on "magic" leads.

Bark_Team

Hi there, We're sorry to hear that you were unaware of how we found your business, and that you were unsure of our leads. We reach out to new businesses when we receive requests for certain sectors or in certain locations that we may not have many professionals to currently fulfil.

We offer a first lead for free for our service, however if the business is not interested, they can always click the unsubscribe button at any time to stop emails being received. Our marketing team finds email addresses for businesses from their websites, and this is information that is in the public domain. We can assure you that all of our leads are screened via an automated system, and we have a Credit Return Policy where we can return the credits for any leads found to have incorrect information after the request is placed.

Please contact us at team@bark.com should you require more information. Kind regards, The Bark Team

Guest

I kept receiving messages from the same name every two weeks but only took notice when I saw the same pictures that were used for another ad on Facebook who were using it as part of a cleaning company! Completely odd I thought so unsubscribed and reported as spam only to receive a dither email asking if I was still look for cleaning services??

The. Serval hours later my phone pings and it’s then again asking if I’m still looking for cleaners and to hit the link or reply with the word STOP!

I came across these when I was looking for recommendations for drive and footpath to be cleaned around my home. Bark.com just do one!

Guest

I echo the sentiments here.

Harout Oun

I started out buying the bulk pack of credits, excited to be in the loop as a new hypnotherapist. I did get a few clients out of thd process, but sadly many people just don't answer their phone, texts or emails after you've used credits to contact them.

If you are a proactive person who calls a lead immediately, you may get more business. I'm 50/50 on this one.

Dalene Hnw

I couldn't agree more. I have gone ahead and filed a claim with the better business bureau and hopefully they will step in.

Guest

Garbage, and scammers They scammed me They stole money from me Charged my card with no permission They give you lots of small text to agree then they keep on charging your card with no permission They give you fake deals as well Att Bark if you need more info about this after yow didn’t resolve my issue by email now it is your turn reach out to me at https://prnt.sc/11avyj7

Guest

I'm a Tax Preparer and I'm getting too many emails. I mean all day and all night.

I don't even understand how they even found me. I never signed up with them.

Same experience here.

View more comments (99)
Linda L Afq

Verified Reviewer

So others will not be deceived.

Nothing more! I do not wish to slam, but they were not prepared for business. No Vacuum! Only a dirty mop, broom, rags, cleaning wipes, and 1 bucket. I would give them a 50% on completion. I offer my equipment clean cleaning rags, new mop and broom and commercial type mop bucket to ring mop, Small Oreck, vacuum, Kemore canister vacuum w/attachments. Would have made their work so much easier. Finally realized and started using. I preferred to use my equipment over what they brought. One of cleaning rag got in my garbage disposal. Careless!
Loss:

User's recommendation: Be aware and check people out.

Loretta Z Hti

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Ontario, California

Refund

Bark Com - Refund
Bark Com - Refund - Image 2
Bark is a Scam! They take your money and do not give you leads. They give you people who are also looking for employment just like you. I WANT MY MONEY BACK OR I WILL FILE A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT! FOR WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY THAT I DONT HAVE TO THROW AWAY!!!
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros all cons
Cons:
  • Scammers

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I am petitioning consumers that have been SCAMMED BY BARK FOR A CLASS. ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST THAT COMPANY

Tanya S Drc

Total rip off

DON'T use bark.com at ALL!!! They a total rip off!! They post fake leads on their website and refuse to refund you for them fake leads, they give everybody the same rubbish story! Look on their twitter page under comments all the bad reviews.
Loss:
Cons:
  • These people are con artists

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DON'T use this company

Profound I

Lots of unresponsive leads/fakes

99% of leads dont respond. I believe lots of these leads are fake and generated to make you waste your credits digit can Buy more. Scam!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Fake leads

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Fake leads!

Mark H Tar

| map-marker London, England

Report on the bad service from Bark

When I joined bark they promised me that if I didn't get any leads that they would allow me to use the credits again for another opportunity to get customers but when I asked them about that as all the leads were fake. They told me they cannot uphold their part of the deal. I am disappointed and am out of $80 dollars..
Loss:
Pros:
  • There are no pros
Cons:
  • Making promises that are not kept
  • These people are con artist and liars
  • Misleading information

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Please save your money it is a scam

Megan R Bkt

Fraudulent Leads

My husband is a professional entertainer on Bark. He's encountered several leads with fake emails and phones that lead to voice mailboxes. Today, he spoke with the customer and was told the customer's post was in error. We've contacted Bark.com's customer service multiple times and they advise that if "you contact the customer, you forfeit your credits". He lost 18 credits because a customer posted in error. He's lost hundreds of other credits to customers who have false contact information. Do not waste your time with Bark.com. Google your entertainers and contact them directly.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't use bark.com - ever (especially if you're seeking leads).

Todd K Qgn

Warning scam

Do NOT book event services with scammers that contact you offering services. Made an agreement with what looked like legitimate people and a legitimate company, but was left with no critical event services on the day of the event and had to scramble to recover. Lost over $15K and took a reputation hit. Do NOT use bark.com
Loss:
Cons:
  • Scammers

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Never ever trust the contacts you meet through bark.com

map-marker Vista, California

Order has been doubled not right

I was wanting to order only one and somehow it sold me two. Both are shipping now how do I go about sending the second one. Can not afford two. Please advise.
map-marker Camden, Camden

Our Bark Review removed.

We placed a review on the Bark's review site for poor service from a Bark recommended trader. Our review was listed but is no longer there.

Bark allowed a Garden landscape company to contact us when we requested a Conservatory repair company. He carried out the work unprofessionally leaving unsightly black sealant spread over our white conservatory. Charged us £550 for two hours work and insisted on cash only. Rogue Trader.

We complained to Bark and the contractor but both have declined to help.

Bark allow unchecked traders to list their services without any checks.

Any rogue trader can get a listing with Bark Don'tand start ripping off customers under the Bark umbrella with no protection from Bark for the consumer.

Don't use Bark or any Trader that responds instantly.

Reliable traders usually have plenty of work and usually offer a longer lead time. Trusted Traders.

User's recommendation: Don't use Bark. Do not employ anybody who responds instantly.

Siana Ogj
map-marker Boston, Massachusetts

Received a scam on Bark

I paid for the starter pack and they gave me three free responses with that starter pack and for the last week Ive gotten three scam calls and used up my three free responses. I called Bark to get those responses back and they said because they gave me those free responses at Goodwill. They are not entitled to return them to me. So pretty much I lost those three responses because of a mistake that they made I will never work with this company ever again theyre horrible

User's recommendation: Do not pay for any leads through this company consistent sake, Leads and Lisa don’t hire. You’re gonna end up wasting all your money on people that are just searching. Keep your money do yourself a favor.!

Edward A Drw

These People Are Crooks

After contacting Bark.com to find someone to build a website for my son's business, I was contacted via text on 01/28/2023 by an individual who said, "This is Jay from Bark.com". We spoke and after looking at their website (Webmasters.us), I thought it appeared legitimate.

He said he could build me a professional website for $299.00 and said, "No monthly fee, just onetime cost only!" I paid the amount through Cash App to the account of a Marene Ali. I verified it with Jay, and he said that was correct. A short time later, he said that 3 years of hosting and 10 years for the domain would cost $1,189.36. Again, I paid through Cash App to Marene Ali.

This time I paid in two payments as Jay asked. Throughout the process, what I saw was what looked to be some other website being used as a template that they made changes to. It looked very amateurish, and I had to continually tell him to change things. I was then told it would cost $1,650.00 for a lifetime patent and trademark through the United States Patent & Trademark Office.

I told him there was nothing to patent and to just register the name and logo to be trademarked. He told me that it would cost $725.00 and after agreeing to it, he said it would be another $55.00 per each registration certificate that would be delivered directly to my home address. The total was $857.71. Once again, I paid the amount through Cash App to Marene Ali.

In an unusually short span of time from when he said he registered the trademark, he contacted me and said that he received the information from the USPTO and needed more money. I reminded him that he initially told me that there would only be a one-time cost, but throughout the process he kept adding more things to it. When I told him I would not pay any more money and to finish the website, I heard little from him until 03/07/2023 when he texted and said they turned the website live. I attempted to go to the website several times unsuccessfully, and tried contacting him with no luck.

I didn't hear back from Jay until 03/28/2023, and I told him that I wanted a refund. He said they did all the work and to take my website. He asked if I looked at it, and I told him there is nothing there. Furthermore, he said he could fix it, and I told him to forget about it and refund my money in full.

I have heard nothing back since. Also throughout this process, another individual with a California area code claiming to be an Amelia Baker would call me at times I wasn't available. When I would attempt to call her back, I got no answer. I spent a total of $2,340.07 and received nothing.

There is no website and I never received a trademark registration certificates from the USPTO.

I attempted to go to his website (Webmasters.us) and could no longer get to it. I have reported this to Bark.com who assured me they removed him from doing business with them, and also notified the Federal Trade Commission, the Better Business Bureau, my State Attorney General and Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection, as well as posting this on my Facebook page and ripoffreport.com

Loss:
Cons:
  • These people are con artists

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay as far away from these people as possible. Jay's phone number 206-737-**** is a landline based out of the Seattle, Washington area. His email addresses are: jay@***.com and jay@***.us Although, I probably will not get my money refunded, I want others to know about this unethical individual/business.

Unemployment Expert Tips

Experts Tips on Unemployment and Cyber Security

Feb 3, 2020

Can’t verify your identity via ID.me? Andrew Stettner, an unemployment expert, comments on how the ID.me verification process works and the privacy risks involved. Learn how one consumer resolved his issue.

Andrew Stettner
Andrew Stettner

Andrew Stettner is a senior fellow at TheCenturyFoundation and a non-profit leader who shares expert opinion on unemployment benefits and insurance reform.

karen a Wsv

| map-marker Edmonton, Alberta

Fraud on my account

Hi i purchased points on my bark account on june 5th to get cleaning clients and went to use my bark account today and its now telling me i dont have available points and i never used them!!! I want my money back or my points back. PLEASE contact me, i am NOT a happy customer!!! i HAVE NO CREDITS WHERE ARE THEY?? i WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY AS AA SINGLE MOM AND FOR YOU GUYS TO TAKE MY FUNDS AND NOT GIVE ME CREDIT!!! nOT IMPRESSED! I EITHER GET MY MONEY BACK OR THE CREDITS IN MY ACCOUNT, tHANKYOU
Tyshawn Ksw
map-marker Miami, Florida

TOTAL SCAM

This is the biggest scam I have ever encountered as a vendor. They will literally rob you of money with leads where there is no phone number that works, where you call then the call gets disconnected or the leads change their name after you reach out. Go to THUMBTACK they have more integrity and better customer service.

User's recommendation: Horrible for vendors.

Mick S Fnc

| map-marker London, England

Bark Is a Total Ripoff!

Bark Com - Bark Is a Total Ripoff!

I emailed Jessia numerous times about a lead, Mohammed. He was "Verified" with an up to $49,999 monthly spend and "definitely going to hire someone" so I jumped on this "lead" by texting, emailing, and phoning.

I asked if he contacted Bark and he responded: "No."

Verified

What social media channels do you wish to use?

Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

What are your goals?

Advertise on Facebook, Gain followers on Twitter, Gain visibility (brand recognition), Improve search position / ranking, Increase user engagement, Sell more of my product or service

Which of these are you looking to do?

Consult on strategy, Get one off support/training for in house team, Get ongoing support for in house team, Outsource my social media

What is your approximate monthly budget?

$10,000 - $49,999

How soon would you like the project to begin?

In the next 2 weeks

How likely are you to make a hiring decision?

I'm definitely going to hire someone

I emailed, texted, and called and after two days of bothering this guy he texted me back. Id like a refund.

Mohammed $10k-50k monthly Bark

I texted Mohammed:

Hello, did you request assistance on Bark?

Mohammed responded:

Loss:
Cons:
  • Scam

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don't Trust Bark!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article